If you sell your work on Etsy, Ebay or another on-line shop, it is important to have consistent, high-quality images to post. One way to accomplish this is with a seamless backdrop. These are available at any photo supply store. You can also build your own with sturdy rolled paper of white, grey or another color that complements your work.
This backdrop is mounted in my studio using 3/4″ galvanized gas pipe fittings available at any hardware store. This example is mounted from both the back wall and ceiling to distribute the load.
2) Select and assemble the necessary fittings. This design uses four flanges, four 6″ nipples, two tees, two close nipples, two 90-degree elbows and one 10′ pipe to hold the seamless roll. Each end mount is exactly the same. Make the mirror opposite end by twisting the elbow to face the correct direction.
3) Place and mount the flanges. Mark the drill holes on the wall and ceiling. For additional reinforcement, I use E-Z Ancor Stud Solver steel self-drilling anchors for any holes where a stud is not available.
4) Attach and hang the seamless roll on the pipe. Use nipples and couplings at each end in order to allow enough thread at the end of the pipe to catch the
elbows at each end.
5) Roll the seamless down for an instant photo studio!
6) To photograph your work, it is generally best to angle one light from each side at roughly a 45-degree angle to eliminate shadows. Clip lights, photo lights or any other direct fixture are good to use. This set-up uses two halogen lights mounted on adjustable